Established in 1994, The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation uses investment income from the scholarship endowment fund to create scholarships for outstanding individuals preparing for a career in construction within the area served by the Association. Through members’ generous donations, the fund now exceeds $1,000,000. The Foundation currently supports the following 29 named scholarships through the generosity of particular benevolent member companies:
- A.L. Huber General Contractor
- Carl and Josephine Privitera/Mark One Electric
- Firebaugh Construction, Inc.
- Fogel-Anderson Construction Company
- George Betts, Jr. Memorial
- George J. Shaw Construction Company
- Grand Construction
- International Builders – IBC, Inc.
- James L. Hutton, Sr./William W. Hutton Memorial
- James L. “Skip” Hutton, Jr.
- J.E. Dunn, Sr.
- Jeff Ammon Memorial
- Jene Hayes/Hayes Drilling, Inc.
- John and Jill Dunn
- John Rohrer Contracting Company
- Kelly Construction Group
- Kenneth O. Von Achen Memorial
- Mary McNamara/Cornell Roofing & Sheet Metal Company
- McCownGordon Construction
- Murray Company
- Patricia A. Carroll
- Pearce Construction
- Phillip W. Moore Memorial
- Rau Construction Company
- Senter Family
- Turner Construction Company
- Whitley Construction
The 2021 application deadline has expired. Recipients were announced at the anniversary event in February 2022 with checks issued for the following Fall 2022-Spring 2023 academic year at $1500 per semester.
For general scholarship inquires, please contact Caleb McCandless.
Donate to the fund
In 1990, The Builders’ Association Board of Directors approved a recommendation to create The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation. Since that time, scholarship investments have helped many talented young people in their efforts to gain an education in construction-related fields. Many of them are now building a future in the construction industry. The Board of Directors encourages you to be a part of this wonderful endeavor by contributing to the Foundation. Every contribution is an investment with substantial and long-term dividends.
The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation is recognized as a publicly supported organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. As such, donors who contribute to the Foundation may deduct their contributions as provided in Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
If you would like to contribute to The Builders' Association Scholarship Foundation, please contact Erica Jenkins or Connie Kapfer for more information.